Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fieldtrip Fun

On Monday the Girl had her first fieldtrip as a kindergarnter and (only after asking her permission) I went along. Here is most of her class (there were a few kids who didn't want to be in the picture) and her teacher. There was no
shortage of parents there so I only had to keep track of the Girl and her little friend in the pink jacket. The kiddo on the right of the Girl is our bus stop buddy who lives down the street. He's an awesome little dude, full of personality with a name to match - I usually don't disclose names here but I just can't help myself this time around...his name
is Romeo. And this is another of the Girl's friends that I hear quite a bit about. Although Miss A (do you think the Girl has an affinity for friends that have names starting with the letter A?) is in the other morning kindergarten class the Girl is most likely to be found playing with her at recess and sitting with her on the bus. In fact, she's already invited Miss A to her birthday party...in 10 months! Ha, ha!!
And would you believe that when it came time to pick out a pumpkin the Girl cried because she didn't want to get her hands dirty?! Seriously?! I'm not kidding folks, there were tears involved and at one point she threw back her head and wailed. Hmmm...wonder if there would have been as much drama if I had not been there and some other parent was in charge of her supervision. It was so fun to put faces to all
of these new friends that I've been hearing so much about on a daily basis. I am so glad that the Girl was willing to let her Mom tag-a-long.

No comments: