for these little sweethearts. I came across a recipe for graham crackers using just a handful of simple ingredients: wheat flour, unbleached all-purpose flour, baking powder, unsalted butter, honey and milk. They didn't turn out quite like I expected. They look more like cookies than crackers and their texture reminds me of a biscuit, something like you might expect to be offered as a companion to your afternoon tea. They taste like a graham cracker and would be great for dunking in milk. If I make them again I think I'll roll them thinner to get closer to being cracker-like and maybe I'll add some cinnamon.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Graham Hearts
for these little sweethearts. I came across a recipe for graham crackers using just a handful of simple ingredients: wheat flour, unbleached all-purpose flour, baking powder, unsalted butter, honey and milk. They didn't turn out quite like I expected. They look more like cookies than crackers and their texture reminds me of a biscuit, something like you might expect to be offered as a companion to your afternoon tea. They taste like a graham cracker and would be great for dunking in milk. If I make them again I think I'll roll them thinner to get closer to being cracker-like and maybe I'll add some cinnamon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment