Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Piggy Paint

Our household has been nail polish-free for awhile now. I threw out the few remaining bottles that I had around the house after an incident on Easter day which involved Miss A and the Girl using an entire bottle of nail polish that Miss A had received in her Easter basket to paint pictures on the wall of Miss A's room not to mention her dresser and bed. Figured that was as good a reason as any to get rid of the stuff not to mention the noxious fumes and the fact that most nail polish is full of toxic chemicals - formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, biphenyl A, ethylacetate and acetone just to name a few. But recently the Girl has been begging to have her finger and toenails painted. So I embarked upon an internet search in quest of a "safe" alternative to the big-name brands of toxic-ingredient laden polishes. I was pleasantly surprised to find quite a few options and finally settled on Piggy Paint, a water-based formula that is odorless and hypoallergenic with no harsh chemicals . With a great color selection and fun names like Ice Cream Dream, Mac-n-Cheese Please, Dragon Tears and Sleepover I was sold. At $8.99 a bottle they are a bit pricey but worth every penny to me as it pertains to the health and safety of my Girls. With a 15% discount code (SPLASH15L) and free shipping on orders over $35 I was able to get four bottles of polish and a bottle of remover for $36.52. I allowed the Girl to pick out two colors before I placed my order and then I added two more to give to her at a later point in time, maybe stocking stuffers for Christmas. She chose iridescent green (Ice Cream Dream) and bright pink (LOL). I ordered them on a Wednesday afternoon and the Girl was soooo excited to find the package on our doorstep the following Monday. In
no time, we were all sporting brightly colored toenails and the Girl had fingernails to match. It does seem to chip much easier than
conventional polishes but other than that I have no complaints. And I love how Baby Sister's sweet little piggies look with a splash of color on them. I also love that she loves to wear her Big Sister's flip-flops. Absolutely adorable how she has the divider between her 2nd and 3rd toes! If you want your own Piggy Paint go to http://www.piggypaint.com/ and don't forget to use the promotional code listed above, I believe it is good through December. Honeybee Gardens and Hopscotch Kids are other non-toxic options.

1 comment:

Jon and Erin, Hudson & Paxton & Dashel said...

Okay, those chubby little blue piggys are maybe one of the cutest things ever!