As you are all well aware by now, the Girl got her hair cut on Tuesday and here have been some of our conversations surrounding said haircut.
On Wednesday:
The Girl: Mom...
Me: Yes?
The Girl: When I got my hair cut short yesterday I should've told that sunshine lady (the stylist's name was Sunny) that I wanted it white (I think she meant blonde, platinum blonde. Obviously she's seen one too many episodes of America's Next Top Model - oops!) too.
Me: Oh my.
Wednesday night:
Me: What do you think your preschool teachers and friends will say tomorrow when they see your hair? Do you think they'll like it?
The Girl: I think they'll be thinking, that I'm a crazy woman.
Wednesday's bedtime prayer:
The Girl: Dear God thank you for today and the sunshine. Thank you for my short hair. Please let my Mom know it's ok for me to watch cartoons tomorrow morning before school. Amen.
Side Note: I've sanctioned a ban on all tv and internet on Wednesdays. I was noticing that they are both in use way too much around our house. The Girl is not a fan.
Thursday afternoon:
The Girl: Mom, when is my hair going to be long again?
Me: Not for a while. Why?
The Girl: Because it does NOT look good with this tank top (referring to what she was wearing that day).
Me: I think it does, it looks cute with that tank top.
The Girl: No it doesn't.
Friday evening:
The Girl: I want my hair long again. I don't like it short anymore. How long until it is long again?
Me: Not for a while.
So as of right now, the Girl is soooo over her long hair. As for myself and her Daddy (who was the number one opponent of the short hair idea) we both still love it and think she looks absolutely darling with short hair. However, it did not squelch the screaming that emanates from the Girl when it is time to comb her hair. I thought for sure it would and was so looking forward to whine-free hair-combing but no such luck. There is still yelling and protesting it just doesn't last as long.
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I.LOVE.HER.HAIR!!!
It looks soooo adorable short. One of the reasons I finally had Riley's hair cut short was from the comb screaming. It stopped with us thankfully (most of the time). :)
Post a Comment