
It has been nearly 3 1/2 years that you have been with us. You were there when we needed you, in the early days and the wee hours of the morning, when naps were a must and a missed nap meant certain impending meltdown, when the Girl decided she was finally going to get her ears pierced, countless vaccinations, temper tantrums in public, a trip to the walk-in-clinic for stitches. Through it all you were always a constant source of comfort and our go-to-remedy for a number of situations; soothing an overly tired little girl to sleep, a surefire way to quiet the cries, instantaneously putting an end to a fit. We've taken you everywhere...from your beginnings in Colorado to Oklahoma, Idaho, Utah, Oregon, Wyoming even Hawaii. But now it is time for the Girl to move on without you, surely you knew this time would come. Don't be sad...Baby Sister still needs you.
(Picture taken in November 2007)
Let's just say it was the Girl's unintentional New Year's resolution. It accidentally got left behind when we went to Papa and Gamma's house last week. The first two nights were rough but then she all but forgot about it. She did mention it in the car on the trip home but once home I managed to find it before she did and disposed of it without her knowing. Out of sight, out of mind. She didn't even ask for it last night at bedtime.
1 comment:
This is great news! I will have to tell O. I was cleaning this weekend and found one of his old ones from when he was 6 months old. He sucked on it for hours. I asked him why he was doing that and he said that he liked it cause The Girl has one. I will have to let him know it is gone.
They are growing up and getting old!!
Hopefully you haven't felt the urge to run and buy a new one to keep her small. I know seeing an underwear bum has made me wish for a diaper bum a few times.
Post a Comment