Saturday, January 24, 2009

Here it is...

...the Girl's new bedroom furniture. Not exactly what I had been looking for - the head board is a bit much, but I did want white and I love the dresser. Plus we got all three pieces for a fantastic price from a family-owned furniture store that is closing. Plus J is not much of a shopper and this set was at the 2nd furniture store we stopped at, he was not looking forward to spending his Sunday afternoon shopping for furniture and I did not delight in the idea of having a crabby shopper.

J picked everything up from the warehouse on Thursday afternoon and later that evening our friend came over to help him get it all up into the Girl's room. In the midst of the chaos - huge boxes, styrofoam, two rambunctious 3 1/2-year old girls and an infant - I left to go to yoga. When I returned home an hour and a half later, the Girl was anxiously waiting for me up in her room. She gleefully showed off her new bed and was ready to get right down to the task of transferring her clothes from the changing table into her new dresser. Instead we opted for clean sheets, stories and bedtime.

She stayed in her bed the entire night! But I was wrong...she didn't last 3 nights. Early this morning she crawled into bed with us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it! Is that paint? Fab colors!!!