
...that's what I'm in. I've had it easy for far too long - 254 days to be exact. Much like the Girl before her, Baby Sister has abided her sweet time in the arena of mobility. I've always just been able to lay her down on a blanket and be secure in the knowledge that if I left her alone for a few minutes I would return and find her more or less in exactly the same spot. That has all changed as of today. It was a typical Tuesday afternoon, Baby Sister was laying on a blanket in the hallway outside of the Girl's ballet class and I was right next to her chit-chatting with the other Moms when I noticed that she'd begun rolling and didn't stop until she'd reached another Mom that was sitting on the floor at the opposite end of the blanket. And not that Baby Sister hasn't rolled before, she has many times but usually only in pursuit of a toy that was near enough so that all she had to do was roll onto her tummy and then she'd quickly roll back to her back as she isn't too fond of tummy-time. But never more than a few consecutive rolls. This afternoon she was back and forth the entire time that the Girl was in ballet. Then when we got home, as soon as I put her down on the floor she was back at it. Man are we in trouble!! With the Girl, we never really had to worry about her putting anything into her mouth, unless it was her binky. Baby Sister is an entirely different story, anything that she can get her hands on automatically goes straight into her mouth. So I spent part of the afternoon rushing around the house in a frenzied state clearing the floor of numerous small toys (miniscule doll shoes, jewelry, crayons) and lecturing the Girl on the importance of picking up after herself. I even found an industrial-type staple on the carpet in a corner - oh the horror!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment