Monday, May 25, 2009

Desperate times...

...call for desperate measures. Or almost.

In recent weeks I have been asked by strangers whether Baby Sister was a boy or a girl. Granted it only happened twice and granted one of those inquiries came from a much older gentleman at the hospital (we were there to visit our friend from lactation) who may or may not have had dementia. On both occasions Baby Sister was not wearing pink but she was also not wearing clothes that I would consider gender-neutral, unless of course you consider a shirt with turquoise and purple polka dots or pants with a huge strawberry print on them to be appropriate for a boy, if so then maybe this post is all for not. I never (at least not that I remember) had such issues when the Girl was a baby and I'm not sure why I'm having them now. Baby Sister looks very much like a girl, regardless of what she is wearing. You could tell that she was a girl if she were naked, right?! Well of course you could!! What I meant to say, is that you could tell that Baby Sister was a girl if she were wearing nothing but a diaper, right?! So, I've come to the conclusion that it must be the hair and...





...since Baby Sister does not have a head of hair like this...

...the same hairdo ends up looking like this. And this does not work for me. I've seen other Moms (or maybe it was the Dads which would totally explain everything) resort to styling their child's hair this way, even though it looks (in my opinion) totally ridiculous. You'd have to be desperate (again, my personal opinion) to resort to such measures and I'm not.

This is what I've come up with instead. Surely now there will be no questions!!!!














1 comment:

Jon and Erin, Hudson & Paxton & Dashel said...

That is hilarious! I LOVE it! There should certainly NOT be any question now!